Monday, November 8, 2010

And I'm off!

I'm set to leave tomorrow morning from San Francisco at 6 am. I have my two check in bags, both exactly 50 lbs (yes!), and my carry on back pack. Thanks for all of the wishes of luck and support from everyone! The past month has been a great month of memories and goodbyes: two weddings, a trip to see Colin in Indiana, the epic Oregon road trip to see family, commissioning from two churches, goodbyes to my supportive Spanish conversation group, goodbyes and hopefully see you soons from many friends and family! Thank you for being a part of it!

I hope to write soon after I get into Tacna, but am not sure about my internet access. I do know that I will be spending my first night with the host family I'll stay with for the first six weeks. Looking forward to meeting them!

If you care to send me mail, here is my contact info:

From Nov-Jan my address in Tacna:
Mallory Naake
Jesuit Volunteers
Colegio Cristo Rey
APDO 120
Tacna, Peru

From Feb - ON, my address in Andahuaylillas:
Mallory Naake
P. Oscar Morelli, SJ
(name of volunteer)
Triunfo 339, Apartado 276
Cusco - PerĂº

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck Mallory! Sounds like it will be an awesome and life-changing experience...will be following along via your blog (so update often!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bye Mal! We love you and are going to miss your VERY much! Know that I am thinking of you every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! We're all rooting just for you! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-AGSkNgiCY)

    You will be missed, but I'm SO proud of you. Blog away so we can feel like we're with you...and you have a diary of your thoughts and feelings.

    P.s. 50lbs! NICE! Remember the epic flights with silverware for Scotland?? :D

    ReplyDelete